Recent Verdicts and Settlements
Since the beginning, Morris and Morris Attorneys has successfully represented scores of clients in cases of personal injury, vehicle and construction accidents, wrongful death and medical malpractice and has assisted in obtaining substantial personal injury settlements.
Our commitment and relentless determination to help injury and accident victims has resulted in extensive personal injury settlements for our valued clients. Morris and Morris Attorneys provides the following partial list of our past settlements and verdicts to help educate prospective and existing clients.
- $5.5 million settlement for individual paralyzed in a car-bus accident on NYS Thruway.
- $3.5 million structure settlement (payout over time) for woman who suffered multiple injuries in an accident involving a truck.
- $2.3 million structured settlement (payout over time) in birth injury case.
- $1.75 million settlement for the family of a pedestrian struck and killed by a delivery truck.
- $1.1 million settlement for plaintiff sustaining multiple lower-body injuries (e.g., pelvis, ankle) in head-on car-truck collision.
- $1 million settlement for a pedestrian injured by a drunk driver whose car jumped the curb and traveled onto the sidewalk.
- $740,000 settlement for a passenger sustaining pelvic and eye injuries when the car in which she was riding struck a truck.
- $600,000 settlement for a man whose doctor did not properly diagnose a heart issue.
- $375,000 settlement for a police officer who was injured on his motorcycle.
- $375,000 verdict after trial in Ontario County for a woman who sustained a knee injury in an auto accident.
- $360,000 verdict after trial for wrist injury.
- $360,000 jury verdict after trial for woman who sustained knee and neck injuries in an auto accident.
- $350,000 settlement for a woman in a wrong-site surgery.
- $300,000 full-policy settlement for a man with a foot injury when another car ran a stop sign.
- $275,000 settlement for medical malpractice claim, regarding a misdiagnosis.
- $250,000 settlement for a bicyclist struck by an uninsured motorist.
- $200,000 settlement during trial for snowmobile accident.
- $175,000 award after an administrative hearing for a man injured by a hit and run driver of a stolen car.
- $175,000 settlement for a plaintiff who fell on stairs that did not meet code requirements.
- In excess of $180,000 structured settlement (payout over time) for child's burn.
- In excess of $180,000 structured settlement (payout over time) for child bitten by dog.
- In excess of $90,000 combined structured settlements (payouts over time) for teenage brother and sister who suffered facial bruises and cuts (girl) and minor wrist fracture (boy).